Friday, July 22, 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger ----MY AFTER THOUGHTS----

I just got back from the theater. Its 2:50 AM and I should be in bed, dreaming about dinosaurs and Ramona Flowers. Mostly dinosaurs. I once had this dream, there was this T-Rex right, and the fucker is wearing a soviet uniform and firing a ray gun -Anyway, here are my after thoughts on Joe Johnston's CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER!

DON'T WORRY. NO SPOILERS AHEAD!

First and foremost, I had a lot of fun with this movie. I dug the whole 1940's 'futura' style of the film and its anti-quick cutting style of action. The film was well shot and the action well choreographed. Director Joe Johnston allowed the viewer to see what is going on in the action. The production art in the movie is simply astounding. Seriously, indulge in the visuals folks!

Chris Evans was great as the charismatic superhero and he brought a nice subtle charm to the character. I think he was a wise choice to play the CAP. I also dug Tommy Lee Jones as the dead serious and straight forward Colonel Phillips. The dude cracked me up throughout the whole movie. Hayley Atwell was great as Peggy Carter. I think she is one of the better female love interests in the marvel film universe. Sorry Natalie. Hugo Weaving had fun as the villainous Red Skull and his accent was just hysterical, but in a good way.

What else am I missing? I'm blank, oh well!

So, time to answer some important questions:

Was this movie better than Thor? Yes.

Was this movie better than Iron Man? No. But its up there!

Is this movie worth seeing? Yes. Fuck the elitist critics!

Is there something at the end of the credits? Yes! It is marvel, numb-nuts!

Minor gripes: Douche baggy college kids in the audience. Your riff tracking is not funny and all of you are the reason why the terrorists hate us!

No comments:

Post a Comment