Friday, July 29, 2011

Cowboys & Aliens ----My After Thoughts----

I just got back from a midnight screening of Jon Favreau's COWBOYS & ALIENS. All in all, the film was pretty good. If I had to describe the film I would say its kinda like 3:10 to Yuma, but with aliens.

The film starts off with Daniel Craig's character waking up in the middle of nowhere with a thick metal bracelet attached to his arm. Okay, do I really need to explain this part? Alright, so, I thought the movie blended the sci-fi and western genres very well. You get your taste of everything. Cool special effects, good old fashion western brawls, shoot outs, and some pretty scary aliens. Jon Favreau polished this baby up! The blood factor was also pretty high even for a PG-13 movie. Yes, even more than Captain America.

Daniel Craig played it cool as the main protagonist. Dude didn't take shit from anyone in this movie! Olivia Wilde played the hot female protagonist again. No complaints there. Harrison Ford played Harrison Ford in a western ha ha. The dude was more grumpy and hard faced than ever! Sam Rockwell and Adam Beach were exceptional in their sort of layered roles. And don't blink! Or else you'll miss Clancy Brown in the movie.

So, do I have any gripes? Um, I pretty much forgot them all when I took a major piss after the movie. Free refills!

Is this movie worth seeing? I reckon so! What else are you gonna watch this week!

Is there anything after the credits? Nada.

Does anyone in the movie ever say howdy? Holy shit! That's a good question!

FUNNY MOMENT DURING THE PREVIEWS: The new BATTLESHIP trailer popped up during the previews. Some guy in the audience exclaimed out loud, "You gotta be shitting me!" right after the trailer was over . Ha ha, black people...

No comments:

Post a Comment