Monday, July 25, 2011

Top Ten Most AWESOME Movie Teaser/Trailers (Part 2 of 2)

5) Watchmen Teaser Trailer


When was the last time you sat in a theater and every fan geek clapped and cheered in unison to a movie trailer?  Zack Snyder may have failed in shooting a perfect adaptation of the famous graphic novel, but you can't argue at the comic book-ish imagery of the trailer.

4) The Matrix


The first thing that came out of my mouth after I watched this teaser was:

"Oh, cool" .

3) The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy Teaser Trailer


"One ring to rule them all!"

Nuff said.

2) Terminator II: Judgment Day


I was barely eight when I first watched James Camerons THE TERMINATOR. My older brother use to record movies on VHS from the television. BLOODSPORT, GHOSTBUSTERS, ROBOCOP, THE BURBS, you name it, he recorded it! Vhs defined my childhood!.  Anyway, The Terminator left a lasting impression on myself. So, you can imagine my fanboy joy when I first watched the teaser to the sequel. I must have watched this movie at least 4-5 times in the theater.

1) Dark City


Alex Proyas 1950's futuristic/goth expressionist imagery and Hughes Hall's ambient/industrial music track are mixed together to create arguably one of the best trailers of all time! The point of a movie teaser/trailer is to grab the audience attention. Dark City did just that, and even though the film did poorly at the box office, it has remained an important cult classic to fan boys and film aficionados alike.

HONORABLE MENTION:

Mortal Kombat Trailer


This is one of the best video game to movie adaptations of all time... I know, that's not saying much but just skip to the :58 mark of the video and you'll understand.


UPDATED: July 27th, 2011. 8:57 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment